In an earlier post I presented some findings from the survey done by the Task Force on Social Networking Software. They found that many librarians are having access to various social networking web sites and applications blocked by their IT departments. I asked for some success stories on getting these sites unblocked, but I didn’t receive any. I’m asking again for you to send me not only success stories, but failure stories as well.

I’m working on an article that I hope to get published in a magazine that’s read by organization leaders. In it, I want to include examples or techniques that made TPTB unblock sites. If I could include horror stories of necessary access that was denied, that will also help. Please share.